The Novice is the starting point for all characters in Ragnarok Online. When you create a new character, you may choose from different Hairstyles and Hair colors. Novices do not incur any EXP penalty upon death, and regain 50% HP when respawning. You may also choose which starting Stats to have. Once Job Level 10, Novices can change into one of the following First Classes:
Alternatively, they can choose to become one of the Expanded Classes:
- Talk to the very first NPC twice next where you spawn.
- Talk to the guard inside the building, choose Apply for training ground.
- Talk to the Crusader, choose first option until levels are gained.
- Talk to the Blacksmith. When asked to use , use it for +1 base level. When asked to equip , equip it for +1 base level.
- Talk to the Kafra. Only read the first two options for levels.
- Left NPC in combat field room.
- Right NPC in combat field room.
- In the training field, talk to the first NPC and choose "I want to fight tougher monsters!", then proceed to die to a random monster.
- Talk to the Right NPC in the combat field room again to gain +1 base level.
- Kill Spores to gain 11/10.