War of Emperium
For the (also active) second edition of War of Emperium, see War of Emperium 2.
War of Emperium (WoE) is a game feature that allows guilds to fight in order to conquer a castle.
5 castles are available in each realm:
- North of Prontera lies the Valkyrie realm
- West of Payon lies the Balder realm
- One west and one south of Geffen lies the Britoniah realm
- West of Al De Baran lies the Luina realm
Currenty there is only one Castle opened for WoE: Neuschwanstein at Luina realm.
- All players are allowed to enter WoE castles.
- Only players belonging to a guild with the Official Guild Approval skill can damage an emperium.
- The emperium will only be available at certain hours a week, dependent on server. These periods are known as WoE periods. The castles are still accessible outside of these hours, and PvP does apply.
NyanRO WoE takes place at:
|Server||WoE 1 Time(s)|
|nyanRO||Wednesdays 8:00pm - 9:00pm|
|nyanROold||Wednesdays 8:00pm - 9:00pm|
At the beginning of WoE, characters from guilds other than the castle owner will be teleported out.
The character to deal the last hit against the Emperium claims the castle. All characters with a different guild, allied or not, will be warped out at that point. Only normal attacks can damage the emperium, as all active skills miss (except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field). After a castle is claimed, other guilds can immediately re-enter and attempt to break the emperium. The last owner before the emperium disappears at the end of the WoE period holds it until the next period.
Guild mates and Allied Guilds are considered allies in castles and can not attack each other. Members cannot be expelled, and alliances cannot be broken, by members inside a castle.
The owning guild of a castle has several advantages. Guardians are summoned upon the request of the castle owner's guild leader. They will automatically attack all non-allied characters. Guild members can also click on Flags outside of the castle to be instantly teleported to a specific location inside the castle.
The follow skills cannot be cast within castles:
- Back Slide
- Call Baby
- Call Parent
- Cultivate Plant
- Dimension Door
- Fatal Menace
- Ice Wall
- I miss You
- Shadow Slash
- Sheltering Bliss
- Warp Portal
Skills cast outside the castle will not disappear upon entering. Using items that activate the skill will also fail, but Autocast equipment can grant the skills in a castle.
The follow items cannot be used within castles:
Battle Mechanic Changes
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- Long range normal attacks are reduced by 25%.
- All skill-based damage except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 40%.
- Traps last 4 times as long.
- All knock back effects are disabled. Some skills like Cicada Skin Shed may lose some functionality due to this.
- Equipment preventing skills to be canceled during casting (phen card and similar items) do not function.
Other Gameplay Changes
- /noctrl does not work; players must hold down the mouse button for normal attacks.
- Damage numbers do not appear.
- /mineffect is automatically activated.
- A character's guild emblem is shown above their head.
- Death does not cause experience loss.
- Character immunity lasts 5 seconds whenever entering a portal, until the character moves, uses a skill, or consumes an item.
Each realm has a Guild Dungeon area which can be accessed via NPCs hidden in each castle. These dungeons are also considered PvP environments, but death will still cause experience loss like normal dungeons. All castles within a single realm share the same dungeon, causing players of opposing guilds the opportunity to meet.
Every day at 12:00 AM at server time, the Treasure Boxes spawn in a room accessible only by the guild leader from a NPC in each castle. Items drop from these boxes, and drop rate-improving items may assist in obtaining rares. Steal does not function here.
A butler NPC is provided in each castle for the guild leader to manage the castle. The following functions may be influenced by what Guild Skills are available.
|Invest in Commerce Development||Invest to increase the castle's economy. Every 5 points on investment adds one new treasure box to the castle's master room. The type of treasure box alternates between the two available at that castle.|
|Invest in Defense||Increase your castle's defense by investing in it. Each point of defense investment will improve the Guardian HP and Emperium HP by 1000, and also improve the defense and attack power of the guardians by an unknown amount.|
|Hire Guardians||Hire a guardian to ease the task of guarding your guild's castle. The guild must have the Guardian Research Skill in order to do this.|
|Hire Kafra Employee||Hire/fire Kafra NPCs inside the castle. Through the employed Kafra NPC, guild members can use the Kafra storage free of charge. The guild must have the Contract with Kafra skill in order to do this.|
|Enter Master Room||Enter the room where treasure boxes spawn.|