After reaching Base Level 99 as a second class, a character can choose to transcend and start the process again, being rewarded with a more powerful, transcendent character. The process involves being turned into level 1/1 High Novice, with a different sprite color from the original Novice. After turning into a First Class character, a player becomes a special "High" version of their original First Class, also with a different color scheme. Upon reaching the second class again, the character is granted with a new sprite, an entirely new class name and the new skills that come with it. Players also have access to equipment with the term "Transcendent Only".
Note that the character is considered the same character by the game before transcendence; quests, clothes dye and character-bound items are retained. First class quest skills, however, are automatically given, regardless if they were learned by quest or not.
- All status points and skill points are removed, allowing the character to be entirely redeveloped. However, it is not possible to change class progression.
- When going back to 1/1 Novice, the character starts with 100 Stat points that can be spent freely, instead of the regular 48 points that are bound by the polygon used when creating a new character.
- A permanent 25% HP/SP bonus is given instantly upon transcendence.
- Job level limit at transcendent second classes is raised to 70, giving 20 extra skill points.
- Access to new skills by the new transcendent second class.
- Access to new gears marked as "Transcendent Only".
- Access to the upper levels of Thanatos Tower.