About Super Novices
Super novices are a special kind of class which exploits nearly every first class skill. Super Novices also sport highly effective armor and shields which reduce elemental attacks. Super Novices are the most versatile among all classes have "true freedom" in build and skills.
The downside to this freedom of skills is the limitations that haunt all Novices -- very low HP and SP (a Novice at heart). Super Novices lose the use of the Play Dead skill and also lose exp upon death with 1 HP remaining, just like a regular first class. Super Novices only can equip anything a normal Novice would be able to, including specialized Novice only equipment.
Super Novices also have a Job Level of 99.
Additionally, Super Novices have their own unique cart, should they choose to get one.
1. Head to Al De Baran and go to the Windmill buildind in the southwest region of the map (116, 63). Enter the room to the left and talk to Tzerero.
2. He will ask you to bring the following items:
- x 30
- x 30
3. Once you bring the items, and if you fulfill the following requirements, you will be changed into a Super Novice:
- Job Level 10
- Base Level 45
3. In honor of successfully changing into a Super Novice, you will receive a pair of Panties.
Note: Be sure you select "Huh?" from the dialogue after you bring the items to Tzerero.
Super Novice Secrets
Being a Super Novice has its benefits as well as it's disadvantages and the class of Super Novice remains to be explored by many adventurers. Here are the secrets of Super Novicehood.
- Using the command "/doridori" restore HP/SP two times faster. You need to shake your head approximately 6 times in a 1.5-3s time period. A super novice insists that head-shaking supposedly speeds up his SP restoration. This only applies to HP and SP recovered by the skills Increase HP Recovery & Increase SP Recovery (Despite the description on the iRO website, this only affects SP recovery, not HP recovery at all)
- Guardian Angel
- A Super Novice has its own level up Angel. When leveling-up, this Guardian Angel is different from those of the other classes. The angel will cast all skills from the following list: Kyrie Eleison, Magnificat, Gloria, Suffragium and Impositio Manus on the Super Novice.
- Never give up!
- According to hearsay, when a Super Novice's HP reaches 0 when he she is 99.0%-99.9%, their Guardian Angel may appear to refill his HP and cast Mental Strength on the Super Novice. This will not occur again until you relog or level another level.
- Undying Love
- A Super Novice wife will give +1 for every stat when she uses the marriage skill Undying Love on her husband. Also, the husband's SP recovery will double. However, the wife's Stats will all be reduced by 1. This however only occurs randomly and temporarily.
- The Power of love
- A super novice wife will heal her husband for 2x the normal amount.
- Really Super
- If a Super Novice can manage to avoid even a single death until job 70 and onwards, you will get +10 for all stats. If you die anytime afterwards, you will lose that bonus. This death record can be cleared (and the bonus stats recovered) using Super Novice Spirit.
- Super Novice Cart
- Super Novices get their own special cart for an extra fee (1900z) in Al De Baran behind the Kafra Headquarters in the Northwestern corner of the map.
- A strange phenomenon when the Super Novice's EXP reaches increments of 10% such as, at 10.0%, 20.0% - 80.0%, 90.0%. During these times the Super Novice has been rumored to summon his Guardian Angel for help. If you change maps or relog, you have to repeat all the steps but otherwise you can just repeat the last 3 lines to get fury status again. Type 7 lines of text (or you will be silenced) and then type the following phrase to get the Fury Status (critical rate +50):
- Dear angel, can you hear my voice?
- I am (your name) SuperNovice~
- Help me out~ Please~ T_T
- Guardian Angel, can you hear my voice? ^^;
- My name is (your name), and I'm a Super Novice~
- Please help me~ T.T
- & is random text. Sometimes you don't have write one more line after "Help me out" to make the effect activate.
Super Novice: Life After 99
Upon reaching level 99, a super novice has a few new tricks up its sleeves.
- At the moment of reaching 99, a super novice gains +2000 Base HP permanently. This is actual Base HP, and is thus affected by cards and vit.
- The two Super Novice Secrets which depend on your current % of Base EXP can still be used, but you must continue leveling to gain the exp required.
- To Fury, you must gain n*10.0x million exp (where n=1,2,3,...).
- In order to use Mental Strength you must gain an additional 99 million exp or more after 99-ing.
- Upon attaining 99,999,999 exp (as shown on the character select screen) you will be able to use both the novice fury chant and Mental Strength upon 0 hp.
Super Novice Data
See Super Novice Spirit.