The Adoption System is the process of becoming a Baby class by being adopted by a married couple. Becoming a Baby requires the adoptee to be a First Class or Novice and the parents must be both level 70 or higher.
How to Adopt
- Have a male and female become married.
- Invite the character that is to become adopted into the party.
- Note: Parents must have their wedding rings equipped.
- One of the parents must right click the child-to-be and select "Adopt <name>". Said character will be prompted if they want to be adopted by you - if they click OK, they will become the parents' child.
- Note: Parents can only adopt one character.
Adopted characters and their parents gain access to new skills.
Skills for Adoptees
- Mom, Dad, I love you! - Parents will have no death penalty for 2 minutes; Requires 10% of the child's MAX SP Amount
- Mom, Dad, I miss you! - Summons parents to the child's location.
Skills for Parents
- Come to me, honey~ - Summons child to parent's location.
Benefits of being Adopted
- The child will be able to share with either (or both) of their Parents at any given level, as long as the Parents are both 70+. This makes leeching from 1/1 to 150/50 possible. All members of the family must be on the same map to set party share.
- The child is now Size Small. This renders Skel Worker Cards ineffective in PvP against child characters, as the only aspect of it that will affect them is the +5 ATK per card.
- Since the child is Small sized, the Knight skill Pierce will only do 1 hit.
Limitations of being Adopted
- Child's HP and SP are only 75% of Max HP and Max SP.
- Adopted characters cannot increase a stat past 80 base or 108 base if 3rd job.
- Any stats over 80 will be converted to raw status points upon adoption.
- Carrying capacity of adopted characters are lowered by 1200 compared to a normal character.
- Adopted characters cannot Rebirth/Transcend (but can change to their respective Third Class upon reaching 99/50, missing out on Transcendent skills and the additional status points)
- Adopted Blacksmiths' and Alchemists' Forge and Brewing skills rates are decreased by 50%.
- Once adopted, a baby character cannot be adopted again if one or both parents are deleted, or the adoption is removed.
- Parents may be able to adopt again if the adoption is removed (see below).